Sunday, April 25, 2010

a break from absurdity

I WILL continue the short story, but first, I wanted to share a website. Also, I wanted to brag about my submission making it to the website.

DEALBREAKER



GUESTBREAKER: You’ve (Recently) Been Photographed Wearing Jorts

Alright, so this picture was taken a while ago. Wait, what? That says 2008. We may have come a long way since 2008, especially in terms of Apple products, but not far enough to excuse you wearing jean shorts. I was excited that you liked the same music that I do and that you were ballsy enough to contact me through a mutual friend. So I admit it: I
Facebook stalked you. A bit. Not excessively, of course, because I stopped when I hit jean shorts. So unless you have an excuse of some sort or you turn out to be virtually perfect in many other ways, I’m gonna have to say “no, I don’t want to listen to your cover band, I have to wash my hair that night.”

An Anonymous Guest Dealbreaker.

2 comments:

  1. I don't exactly know what you mean by this...but it's pretty funny anyway. Oh, and I don't have an iPad (yet) and they ARE pretty freakin cool. I told you mom she was absolutely right to want one...I had no idea how cool it was and it's capabilities until my brother brought his over to my house. I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and it's in the shape of a bitten apple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on the internet!!! [Yes...I know...]

    Also this is kind of unrelated to this post, I think you should keep up this blog during the summer. I went back and read your older posts, and I really enjoyed it. You have a fantastic voice (which I already knew from your abilities to tell hilarious stores. seriously, you can make standing in line at the grocery store sound like an episode of Arrested Development). It would be a nice way to stay updated with what's going on with you/I'm going to try to keep one going myself to give myself something 'productive' to do during the summer.

    ReplyDelete