Except that the program I most want to watch is on the TV Guide Channel. This is strange to me. TV Guide is not supposed to have real shows and movies. Most days I am annoyed by the slow scrolling of programing information and the ridiculous show playing above it. I curse the small size of the listings and wish for a time when there was only room for weather or small advertisements.
Tonight I am watching Some Kind of Wonderful, which I quite enjoy. Not as much as the other John Hughes movies, but enough that when I saw the movie starting I sat down and made myself a nest to settle into for the next hour and a half.
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I am noticing several new things along the way:
- Watts has the coolest car ever. I want it.
- Why were so many girls in the 80s dating preppy assholes and refusing to stand up for themselves when they were referred to as "property?"
- Eric Stoltz looks exactly like Mark Hamil.
- I must really like this movie for other reasons because Keith (Eric Stoltz) is about as hot as Luke Skywalker, but with a higher voice. So...not hot. Just to clarify.
- class differences are tearing us apart!!! they live on the wrong side of the tracks and he has dirty hands!
- his littlest sister went on to be the oldest sister (DJ) on Full House. huh.
EDIT: Watts Wisdom:
On whether to face the bullies: "It's better to swallow pride than blood."
On high-maintenance Amanda Jones: Keith- You can't judge a book by its cover.
Watts- Yeah, but you can see how much it costs.