Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country?"

I am sitting at my desk waiting to leave for Middle School Youth Group, watching an older episode of Parks and Rec, drinking an IBC cream soda, and eating brie and french bread. What a nice Saturday afternoon.

I don't have much to report on besides my recent infatuation with French cheeses.  Last Friday the girls went out to eat at a little place called Fast and French on Broad St. Since it was Friday, I couldn't eat meat so I ate vegetarian escargot instead. Yup. It was just mushrooms in garlic butter with lemon. And a plate of a creamy cow's cheese with a sliced baguette. Mmmmmm....

 Now I am a full-on junkie. The World Cultures Fair was on Wednesday, featuring tables from all the different cultural organizations: the Germans had pretzels, the Indian club was giving henna tattoos, etc. OH and there were five different cheeses at the French club table. Brie. Bleu. Camembert. My tastes are getting too expensive.
Today I sampled a cheese at the grocery store. I ate it before I read what it was. White American. Ew.

What is becoming of me? Am I going to be one of those people who "becomes accustomed to a certain standard of living" and only buy groceries from Fresh Market or Whole Foods?? Will I stop liking Pita Pit and refuse to eat at Taco Bell? I don't want to be that person.

Please. Don't let me get out of control.

EDIT: fueling the obsession: A Cup of Jo: Guide to creating a good cheese plate.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh yes you are absolutely going to become snobby about your cheese. Because, as someone who is seriously getting addicted to French cheeses over here, I will NOT be going back to Kraft singles hahaha!!!

    But don't worry.....we can still go to Taco Bell :)

    ReplyDelete