Friday, June 12, 2009

jumping off

So I've decided to start this blog in the hopes of solidifying my writing style and keeping my meager skills in practice during the summer months when I am not required to write boring essays for boring classes. I know I will have to write some doozies for the mandatory western civ class next semester and I can hardly wait to set my pen to that blue book. If you can't sense the sarcasm, I blame the forum. Usually I am very sarcastic, probably to a fault, and trying to convey this tone throught the written word is an assignment I am setting myself for this blog, so here goes (not right now, but trust me, it will come up eventually).

I have blogged before, but not seriously. I had an account on xanga that served as a text box for bitching my way through my high school years and also to read the bitchings of my high school friends. It was a great writing experience. AND due to the miracle of the internet, I can now look back on entries from say, the year of Hurricane Katrina and read and entry or ten about how frustrating it is to live with your paternal grandmother or the trials of AP World History (it really did suck). However, this will be different. This blog is for writing, not diary entries.

Oddly, I named this blog my sleeping foot because for some reason the most comfortable seating positions at my keyboard leave me with sleeping appendages. I might need computer chair therapy to repair this tendency. I find that after spending some time writing on my computer, I get up to walk out the door and discover I have tiny ants crawling all over my foot/feet (metaphorically of course, we have a very good pest guy). And so, I begin this foray into blogging. I don't expect anyone to read this, but I expect myself to write it. You are welcome to read along.

No comments:

Post a Comment