Friday, May 21, 2010

praying mantis

This morning, I woke up early. But that's not important.

I was going to my youngest brother's graduation from fifth grade. After fourteen years with at least one DeBuys at our elementary school, we were finally saying goodbye. But that's not important.

It was raining, which completely destroyed my idea for an outfit. I really wanted to wear these brown leather riding-style boots with a cute dress, but it's a monsoon outside so leather is a bad idea. Anyway, I decided to just wear some jeans and a top and really high wedges to keep my feet away from the water. That's not important.

The point of this story is that my mother told me I looked like a praying mantis.

I took it as slightly insulting (a BUG. an ugly, man-eating, monstrous, green thing). She insists it was a compliment(because she thinks they're "elegant" and my legs are long[which she also insists is a compliment and not some comment about the abnormal proportions of my body]).

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Just wait Tony...

    AND, a PM is an elegant creature who also happens to eat her mate after mating.

    So, elegant and powerful...not such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do atheists acknowledge the bug exists? Would they consider it a Deep-in-thought Mantis?

    ReplyDelete