Tuesday, June 29, 2010

if anyone has any wishes, let me know because I'm batting 1000

We had a huge storm last night, with all it's scary rumbling thunder and flashes of lightning. Usually when it starts storming like that, I get a very real urge to watch Jurassic Park. And I usually do. Something about the ultimate surround sound, I guess. Last night it started while we were watching Buffy, so I was happy. As long as it's adding to the fear factor of something.

Then when I went up to sleep, I settled into clean sheets and cracked open East of Eden (which I am reading for book club). The sound of the rain always makes me feel extra comfortable and safe. Soon I couldn't read anymore because my eyelids were too heavy and I went to sleep to the pattering of rain outside my window.

I love rainstorms.

But I love them even more when I can make them work for me. Like adding to the scariness of a movie or putting me to sleep.




OR HAVING LIGHTNING STRIKE THE SPLASHGROUND, ALLOWING ME TO HAVE A DAY OFF!!!!!!

peace. Thank you, thunderstorm.

2 comments:

  1. YAY day off! How are you liking East of Eden? It's one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunderstorms are excellent when you work somewhere with water. Nothing like getting to close the pool for a few hours because of a little lightning.

    We had a pretty crazy storm here about an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete