Wednesday, June 2, 2010

june!

It's JUNE. One of my favorite months of the year. Warm, muggy, usually full of vacations and no immediate commitments to worry about. This year, all of those descriptors are FALSE. Except "muggy." way to go, 2010.

This June has been wet and stormy so far. No vacations in sight except for the distant promise of a stay in a Gulf Shores condo at the end of July. AND I am working at my lovely summer job EVERY DAY. Every. Day. Monday to Friday, holidays off, some vacation time? NO. Sunday-Sunday. At least five hours a day. Everyday. Including holidays (which are scarce anyway, I suppose).

The only good news about this horrible June is that it is wet, which makes parts of my job easier. Working at a splash park means checking for wristbands; banning food, drinks, toys and strollers; and sometimes (SOMEtimes) shutting off the water due to thunder and lightning. When it rains, there are less people to disappoint when you have to say "no ice cream in the splash park." However, it DOES mean I get yelled at by the people who feel they deserve a refund because of the rain. Too bad. I can't do that, ma'am.

Can't wait till pay day. Only twenty more days.




In unrelated news, I just heard on the 6 o'clock news some GT students were experimenting with some chemicals FOR FUN behind their dorm when they exploded, giving them second degree burns on their chests, faces and arms. Anybody know these guys?

EDIT: I realize that sounds like I said the students exploded. While that would be terrible (and much more exciting) I meant that the chemicals exploded onto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment